Search Site
150 S. Wacker Drive,, Suite 2400 | Chicago, Illinois 60606
Call For Consultation 312-281-7393

Knowledgeable Chicago Immigration Lawyer Protects Your Business and Rights


At Omoniyi Law Firm, P.C., we understand that your desire to live and work in the United States may be hampered by frustration with and fear of the U.S. immigration system itself. Fortunately, you can count on us to explain the law to you in a simplified manner so that you always know exactly what’s going on with your case. After assessing your immigration goals, we devise a custom-tailored plan for resolving your matter as promptly as the law allows. If you need help obtaining an employment-based visa such as EB-1 to EB-5, or an entrepreneur seeking E-1 or E-2, sponsoring a family member in the United States, or building a strong deportation defense, we are committed to providing you with trusted counsel at every turn.

Comprehensive legal support for immigrant and nonimmigrant visas

Depending on your reasons for coming to the United States, you will need an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa. If your ultimate goal is to become a resident of the United States, we can help you go through the process for obtaining an immigrant visa. We also represent clients seeking the following types of nonimmigrant visas:

  • B-1 – for Business or B-2 for Tourist visa.
  • E-1 or E-2 – Entrepreneur visa if your country is a signatory to the E1/E2 agreements.
  • F-1 or M-1Student visas
  • H-1B – Temporary worker visas and H-4 for your spouse and immediate family members.
  • H-1B Cap Exempt Status Visas for Teacher/professor/Researcher.
  • L-1/L-2 Visas for Intracorporate Transfers of Employees to the US branch offices.
  • P visa – Cultural, Entertainers, Artistes, etc.
  • R-1 Religious worker visa.

Depending on the purpose of your visit, you will need to fill out certain forms. We can assist you in getting the applications you need, filling them out properly, and filing them appropriately and on time.


If you wish to sponsor a family member for family-based immigration, you must prove that you are either a permanent resident or a U.S. citizen and that you have enough money to sponsor your relative. We can evaluate your case and determine if you will need an immediate relative or family preference visa.

To obtain an employment-based visa, your potential employer must fill out the necessary paperwork. Depending on your job type and industry, you may need an E-1 priority worker, E-2 professional with advanced degree, any of the H visas or other type of Employment-Based (EB) visas between EB-1 and EB-4. For foreign healthcare professionals, particularly nurses, physical therapists and medical doctors, we can help both job seekers and employers in processing H-1B visa, J-1 and if qualified immigrant visas.

If you can meet the requirements, EB-5 (Employment Based 5), Investor Visa is always a thing to consider. We regularly help investors gain immigrant visa or green card through investments in two ways, either (1) by direct investment by investors starting their own businesses and managing them, or (2) indirect investments through Regional Centers (RC) that will run the business for the investors. At our firm, we have an in-depth understanding of immigration law on EB-5.


Unfortunately, not every immigration case goes as smoothly as one would hope. If you are involved in any type of immigration dispute, we will fight zealously to protect your rights. We are especially skilled at litigating the following immigration problems:

  • Detention — If you or a loved one is taken into custody and detained, we may be able to challenge the order in court depending on the circumstances of the case. We will ensure you understand your rights and we will work to uphold them before relevant agencies and the immigration court.
  • Denied applications — Due to the number of applications submitted and errors in the application review process, there is a chance that your applications or petitions filed by your sponsors will be denied for a frivolous or improper reason. If so, we will fight for you before the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and the Federal Court of Appeals.
  • Delayed immigration visa — Litigation is sometimes necessary when an immigrant visa application is not reviewed and decided within a reasonable period. We will advocate for a prompt and positive result.

An immigration dispute can cause stress and anxiety for you and your family. You can trust our firm to understand what’s at stake and advocate fervently for your rights.


If you are the victim of a serious crime or have information about criminal activity that would help authorities, you may be eligible to remain in or migrate to the United States through a U visa. We also help victims of human trafficking to obtain T visas. And for those who are victims of marital abuse, regardless of their gender, will usually seek the protections afforded by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for them. We support abused spouses and certain parents and children of U.S. citizens and permanent residents to make use of VAWA self-petition process and stop their abusive relationship.

Contact a reputable Chicago attorney today

Omoniyi Law Firm, P.C. is dedicated to assisting clients with immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, litigation, and other immigration matters in Illinois. Call 312-214-3290 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Chicago office. Distance is not a barrier to reach us, Skype consultation is available, contact us.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Chicago Office
    150 S. Wacker Drive,
    Suite 2400
    Chicago, Illinois 60606
    Phone: 312-216-5119
    Fax: 866-864-6603